Across the country, youth workforce programs continue servicing young people in virtual environments in order to keep them connected to workforce development, education, supportive services, and training.
This page shares additional resources on virtual engagement strategies. Please see Virtual Resources Part One for the beginning of this list.
Food, Healthcare, Housing, and Mental Health
- Food and Family Support, CareerOneStop.org
- Steps to Address Food and Financial Insecurity for Individuals and Families, National Governors Association (NGA)
- Food and Nutrition Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- How's your health or your health care insurance? CareerOneStop.org
- Do you need help paying your mortgage, rent, or home energy bills? CareerOneStop.org
- Mental Health, CareerOneStop.org
- Resources on Trauma and Trauma-Informed Care, Youth Connections
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Resources, SAMHSA
Serving Target Populations
- Information Response Hub for serving youth, American Youth Policy Forum
Justice System-Involved Youth
Limited English Proficiency/English Language Learners
- Federal Rural Resource Guide, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Keep Calm and Connect All Students, Office of Educational Technology
- Cybersecurity, NGA
- Empowering Students to Become Responsible Digital Citizens and Engage Online Safely, Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools
- Make Your Social Media Sing, Youth Connections
- Getting Started with Social Media: Part One, Youth Connections
- Getting Started With Social Media: Part Two, Youth Connections
We are continuously updating this page. If you have a non-proprietary resources, strategies, or best practice on virtual engagement you want to share, please e-mail email@example.com.
**The Department of Labor does not endorse platforms listed outside the Federal government. Practitioners are encouraged to conduct research to find the best ways to serve youth participants. Most importantly, safety and privacy are critical. Be mindful of your program’s rules and policies on engaging youth virtually. **