The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) hosted a "WIOA Youth Program COVID-19 Session" on Monday, May 4, 2020. This document shares highlights of the attendee's input provided during the webinar.
The audience consisted of nearly 1,700 youth workforce professionals from across the country. Those in attendance shared their solutions to some of the biggest challenges facing young people during COVID-19. Some of the solutions below may spark innovation in service delivery in your local area.
- Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
- How programs are continuing to serve youth
- Solutions identified to address housing issues
- Solutions identified to address food insecurity
- Solutions identified to address lack of technology/access to internet
- Solutions identified to address the lack of employment opportunities