In response to grantee feedback, we are starting to schedule small group calls focused on a specific TA need or topic. These calls will be grantee-led and provide an opportunity for peer-sharing. DOL staff and TA Coaches will be on the calls and we may invite subject matter experts on specific topics to join us when appropriate, however grantees will do most of the sharing of ideas.
Our first topic is mentoring. If you have a strong mentoring program we encourage you to come provide a brief overview of your mentoring program and share tips and strategies, especially as they relate to scaling your mentoring program. If you are looking to strengthen your mentoring program, we encourage you to join and ask questions as well as share what has worked for you.
Questions to facilitate peer-sharing:
- How have you implemented and scaled your mentoring program to meet YCC expectations?
- What tools, templates, examples, and timelines have you used to manage/support the process of recruiting, onboarding, and supporting mentors at scale?
- What best practices can you share about how you work with your employer and community partners to ensure strong outcomes?
- What feedback have you received from your mentors and mentees about your mentoring program? How have you used this feedback to improve your program?
- What strategies have you tried for recruiting mentors? For those that were successful, what made them so? For those that were not successful, what would you do differently next time?