The materials in each module consist of three instruments – checklists, resource guides, and workbooks – each designed for specific purposes.
▪ Checklists: Help grantees determine programmatic strengths and areas of need
▪ Resource Guides: Provide content addressing key components of successful planning
▪ Workbooks: Supply opportunities for grantees to complete activities to improve planning and implementation
The material is organized into three modules:
▪ Build the Foundation focuses on the importance of creating and maintaining a planning infrastructure that will sustain a program well beyond the grant cycle
▪ Create the Infrastructure & Perfect Your Program addresses the value of carefully selecting personnel based on specific qualifications; establishing a staffing configuration that will be able to deliver on the goals set in a Statement of Work; creating a welcoming environment that fosters participant trust and success; sticking to a thoughtful, consistent, and creative planning process; perfecting partnership development and maintenance capabilities; and building comprehensive mentorship activities
▪ Promote Your Program & Address Sustainability emphasizes crafting and implementing clearly defined messages and methods; and thinking about funding from day-one, investigating “tried and true” financial and in-kind funding sources in addition to those that grantees may not immediately consider