Fueling Philadelphia’s Talent Engine’s
Organizational Author(s): Philadelphia Department of Commerce's Office of Workforce Development
Fueling Philadelphia's Talent Engine is a citywide workforce development strategy. This strategy from the Office of Workforce Development and its partners works to address the talent needs of employers. The goal is to prepare Philadelphia residents for careers in family-sustaining jobs.
Workforce development helps bridge the gap between job seekers and employers. Education, training, and support services prepare individuals with the skills employers need.
This strategy will drive workforce development efforts in Philadelphia. It was developed by stakeholders from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
Fueling Philadelphia’s Talent Engine has three goals:
- Prepare Philadelphians with the skills employers need for a world-class workforce.
- Address the barriers that prevent Philadelphians from accessing meaningful career opportunities.
- Build a workforce system that is more coordinated, innovative, and effective.
The recommendations for these goals help to guide the City's workforce development efforts.
You Might Also Like
- Program Guides, Manuals and Handbooks to Aid in Program Deve...
- WIOA National Convening Event Session Materials and Resource...
- Workforce Primer and Workforce System Basic Training
- Important Data Producers and Labor Market Infomation Organiz...
- LMI Training Gateway: Learn about LMI and How to Translate D...