AYPF Foster care Resource
Organizational Author(s): American Youth Policy Forum
As we recognize National Foster Care Month and the 430,000 children in foster youth face; we also want to share resources and the amazing work being done to help youth in foster care.
American Youth Policy Forum (AYPF) has created a list of resources complied from which explored topics from the role of data collection and sharing in improving educational outcomes to the importance of elevating youth voice in policy and practice conversations.AYPF resources that focus on promising practices in the field
- Supporting Pathways to Long-Term Success for Systems-Involved Youth: Lessons Learned
- Education- and Workforce-Related Policies Affecting Systems-Involved Youth
- Creating Access to Opportunities for Youth in Transition from Foster Care
- Promoting Pathways to Long-Term Success for Systems-Involved Youth
- The Role of Data to Support College and Career Readiness and Success in Students in Foster Care
- Leveraging Youth Voice and Advocacy to Support Pathways to Success
- Reaching Postsecondary Success: Pathways for Youth in Transition from Foster Care
- Social, Emotional, and Physical Well-Being for Youth in Transition from the Foster Care System
- Elevating Youth Voice to Foster Change by Alexis Andino, a 20-year-old Youth Advocate with the Youth Fostering Change project at the Juvenile Law Center
- When Your Best is Not Enough: Striving for Perfection in an Imperfect Foster Care System by Samaura Stone, Senior Policy Associate, AYPF
- Voices from the Field: Getting Systems-Involved Youth on a Path to Success by Jenna Tomasello, Policy Associate, AYPF
- 5 Best Practices for Youth in Foster Care Post-ESSA by Zachary Malter, former AYPF Policy Research Assistant
Other Recommended Resources
- California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare
- Supporting Young People Transitioning from Foster Care: Findings from a National Survey
- Family First Prevention Services Act
- Using ESSA’s Key Protections for Youth in Foster Care to Support College and Career Readiness :
- Bringing Evidence-Based Program Adaptations into Public Child Welfare Systems
You Might Also Like
- The HHS Poverty Guidelines and Census Poverty Thresholds
- AYPF Microsite on Foster, Juvenile Justice and Crossover You...
- Tuition Assistance Programs for Foster Youth Pursuing Postse...
- Building Policy Momentum for Foster Youth Support in Postsec...
- Supporting the Educational and Career Success of Foster Yout...