The Division of Youth services created The Case Management Toolkit: Preparing Youth for a Lifetime of Success to help workforce development professionals and will assist others interested in developing the knowledge, skills, and aptitudes youth need to succeed in their career pathway. This toolkit revises Improving Demand-Driven Services and Performance: Toolkit for Effective Front-Line Services to Youth (2007) and reflects the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (2014).
Here are additional Case Management resources. These products come from a myriad of employment resources and some were developed prior to WIOA; however, many of the concepts and ideas are still valid within the WIOA platform and can be can be utilized to help shape stronger case management.
- Sample Youth Individual Service Strategy (ISS) is an ISS template developed by compiling 39 workforce areas ISS submissions from across the country.
- WIOA Youth Retention & Recruitment Resources is a compilation of online resources.
- YouthBuild: Tip Sheet: How Do You Know if you Have a Strong Case Management system? goes over the basics of case management and includes seven key strategies for creating a solid case management foundation within your program.
- Youth Resources on Case Management focuses on case management to ensure youth receive relevant services and programs document outcomes and has various samples.
Youth Assessment and Case Management-Understanding the Big Picture includes information on Using Results to Develop Goals, Objectives, and Services; Components of an ISS; Case Management Can Drive Participants Success or Failure; Effective Career Planning, Job Matching and Supportive Services.
YouthBuild Participant File Folder Sample assists in creating participant folders that meet Federal Guidelines.
Sample Individual Career Plan Tool is a sample Individual Career Plan tool that can be utilized to assess the needs of prospective participants.
YouthBuild Individual Development Plan assists with planning out all-around student development. It includes space for academic scores and plans for short- and long-term educational goals; services and referrals; and personal goals.
The YouthBuild Manual for Counseling, Case Management, and Program Culture includes in-depth information on how to handle issues such as substance abuse, sexual harassment, and violence or negative behavior. It would also contain links to many other useful tools and reports.
Blank Paper Planning is an exercise and tool in the Development of Individual Service Strategies (ISS).
Goal Planning Tool engages staff and the young person in the goal planning and assessment process.
- Managing Large Caseloads offers advice, planning ideas and resources from expert counselors and college admissions advisors.