As part of this technical assistance, DOL is sharing examples of State and Local WDB Request for Proposals based upon its Building Quality Requests for Proposals for WIOA Youth Program Services. (DISCLAIMER) The proposals listed are intended for informational purposes only. DOL does not endorse any of the RFP samples provided in this technical assistance resource.
These samples represent different approaches for acquiring providers of WIOA Youth program services and include general WIOA Youth program requests as well as those focused on specific strategies or populations, such as career pathways, entrepreneurship, foster care, youth one-stop model, post-secondary education, pre-apprenticeship, and summer.
- Workforce Central (Pierce Co), Washington- seeks to procure service providers to offer integrated and innovative services to young adults 16-24.
- Region VII Workforce Development Board, West Virginia seeks youth providers for a multi-county region to assist eligible youth seeking assistance in achieving academic and employment success.
- Northern Area Local Workforce Development Board-Summer Youth Academy, New Mexico- seeks providers to operate a summer academy to provide high quality educational and employment services for local youth ages 16-24.
- Hampden, MA - General WIOA Youth with Emphasis on Career Pathways seeks providers to conduct outreach, recruitment, and case management along with provision of the 14 program elements.
- Illinois- Career Pathways seeks to procure providers to deliver services emphasizing career pathways. Funding will support career pathway approaches.
- Philadelphia, PA - Pre-apprenticeship seeks to acquire providers to growth their career pathways opportunities for disconnected young people ages 16-24 to implement pre-apprenticeship programs.
- Philadelphia, PA - Year-Round seeks to provide technical assistance and programmatic capacity for administrative management and monitoring support for the summer programs and the year-round Employment, Education, and Empowerment (E3) Power Centers supported with TANF YD funding.
- San Diego, CA - General WIOA Youth seeks to procure service providers to provide high quality educational and employment services to out of school youth participants ages 16-24.
- San Diego, CA - Foster Care issued a joint solicitation for services to eligible foster care youth ages 14-21.
- Mankato, MN - South Central Workforce Council solicits proposals to operate career development programs for youth ages 14-24.
- Washington, DC - Entrepreneurship seeks to provide services to District youth through its Pathways for Young Adults Program to improve opportunities in entrepreneurship for youth ages 18-24.
- Washington, DC - Post Secondary Education seeks to support delivery of innovative workforce services to improve the opportunities in post-secondary education for youth ages 18-24.