WIOA Youth Program Resources Page
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) outlines a broad youth vision that supports an integrated service delivery system and provides a framework through which states and local areas can leverage other Federal, state, local, and philanthropic resources to support in-school youth and out-of-school youth.
The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) at the U.S. Department of Labor has developed a series of technical assistance resources to help state and local workforce leaders, youth program practitioners, and other stakeholders and partners better understand and successfully implement the WIOA youth program.
Technical Assistance Resources
- WIOA Desk Reference: Serving Youth in an Integrated American Job Center Network - this desk reference provides an overview of potential one-stop partner programs that may be appropriate for youth.
- Youth Case Management Toolkit – this toolkit is designed to develop the knowledge, skills, and aptitudes youth need to succeed in their career pathways and gain self-sufficiency.
- Recipes for Success: A Youth Committee Guide under WIOA– this guide is designed to aid with transforming the potential of Youth Committees into measurable results.
- WIOA Youth Program Reference Tool – this reference tool is designed to inform readers of the statutory and regulatory guidelines for operational implementation of the WIOA youth program.
- WIOA Youth Program Eligibility Page – the page includes a fact sheet, an introductory webcast, and interactive tutorials on the eligibility requirements for the youth program.
- WIOA Youth Program Element Resources – this series of resource pages provides access to information and tools to help in developing and implementing the 14 program elements for the WIOA youth program.
ETA Guidance on the WIOA Youth Program
- WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (March 2015)
- Second WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (November 2015)
- Third WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (March 2017)
- Our Journey Together Series (2017-Present): This on going technical assistance series was created to support the workforce system in their programming efforts to improve outcomes for youth.
- WIOA Wednesday-The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program in Depth (March 29, 2017): This webinar goes in depth on topics from TEGL 21-16, including eligibility determination, program design, procurement of youth providers, and the WIOA youth program elements.
- Enough is Known for Action series (2015) for the youth community inspires strategic planning and action now as the system is in the early stages of implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)