The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) outlines a broad youth vision that supports an integrated service delivery system and provides a framework through which states and local areas can leverage other Federal, state, local, and philanthropic resources to support in-school and out-of-school youth.
The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) at the U.S. Department of Labor has developed a series of technical assistance resources to help state and local workforce leaders, youth program practitioners, and other stakeholders and partners better understand and successfully implement the WIOA youth program.
WIOA Youth Program Overview Are you new to WIOA Youth, or need a refresher? Here you find the Fact Sheet and Reference Tool.
WIOA Youth Program Eligibility includes a fact sheet, an introductory webcast, and interactive tutorials on the eligibility requirements for the youth program
Performance resources on this page will help readers better understand the performance requirements for the WIOA Youth program.
Youth Committees resources designed to aid with transforming the potential of Youth Committees into measurable results.
Comprehensive Services webinar discusses those essentials local areas should have in place to most effectively use WIOA Youth funds.
WIOA Youth 14 Program Elements is a series of resource pages provides access to information and tools to help in developing and implementing the 14 program elements for the WIOA youth program.
Youth Case Management resources designed to develop the knowledge, skills, and aptitudes youth need to succeed in their career pathways and gain self-sufficiency.
Partnering to Serve Specific Populations provides resources regarding partnerships, integral to the success of WIOA Youth programming.
ETA Guidance on the WIOA Youth Program
- WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (March 2015)
- Second WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (November 2015)
- Third WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (March 2017)
- Tracking and Reporting of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Expenditures
- WIOA Youth Monitoring Supplement (December 2018)
- Our Journey Together Series (October 2017- October 2018): This on going technical assistance series was created to support the workforce system in their programming efforts to improve outcomes for youth.
- WIOA Wednesday-The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program in Depth (March 29, 2017): This webinar goes in depth on topics from TEGL 21-16, including eligibility determination, program design, procurement of youth providers, and the WIOA youth program elements.
- Enough is Known for Action series (2015) for the youth community inspires strategic planning and action now as the system is in the early stages of implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)