The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) has developed a series of technical assistance resources to help state and local workforce leaders, youth program practitioners, and other stakeholders and partners better understand and successfully implement the The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) youth program.
WIOA Youth Program: A Training Tool for Workforce Board Members shares information to help workforce development boards and youth committee members to understand the WIOA
WIOA Youth Program Eligibility provides information on eligibility requirements for the youth program
Performance provides information on the performance requirements for the WIOA Youth program.
Youth Committees resources seeks to transform the potential of Youth Committees into measurable results.
Comprehensive Services discusses essentials local areas should have in place to most effectively use WIOA Youth funds.
WIOA Youth 14 Program Elements is a series of resource pages to help in developing and implementing the 14 program elements for the WIOA youth program.
Youth Case Management is designed to develop the knowledge, skills, and aptitudes youth need to succeed in their career pathways and gain self-sufficiency.
Sample Youth Individual Service Strategy (ISS) is a sample template that maybe used for WIOA case management submissions from across the country.
Strategies and Considerations: A Brief on Youth Assessments is a brief for conducting effective and empowering assessments with youth in the WIOA program.
WIOA Youth Retention & Recruitment Resources is a compilation of online resources.
Partnering to Serve Specific Populations provides resources regarding partnerships integral to the success of WIOA Youth programming.
ETA Guidance on the WIOA Youth Program
- WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (March 2015)
- Second WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (November 2015)
- Third WIOA Youth Program Transition Guidance (March 2017)
- Directions for Determining High-Poverty Areas for the WIOA Youth Formula Program
- Technical Assistance Resources for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program (April 2020)
- WIOA Youth Source Documentation Cheat Sheet
- WOIA Youth Program Elements Monitoring Checklist
- Tracking and Reporting of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Expenditures
- List of Required WIOA State Youth Policies (July 2019)
- WIOA Youth Monitoring Supplement (December 2018)
Webinars & Webcasts shares a list or Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act’s Webinars and Webcasts focused on Youth Programming.