Follow-up services, one of the 14 program elements for the WIOA youth program, are critical services provided following a youth’s exit from the program. The goal of follow-up services is to help ensure that youth are successful in employment and/or postsecondary education and training. Follow-up services may include regular contact with a youth participant's employer, including assistance in addressing work-related problems that arise.
Check out the resources below for information and ideas on providing follow-up
services to youth. Many of these
resources come from other programs, but are relevant for the WIOA youth program.
- Ensuring a Successful Transition: Providing Effective Follow-Up Services for Youth in WIA Programs
- YouthBuild Tip Sheet: Follow-Up Services
- Supportive Services Program Element Resources
- Graduate Engagement at YouthBuild
- YouthBuild Exit Policy and Procedure
- Post-Program Placement E-Learning Series: Planning for Placement
- The Ingredients for an Effective Follow-Up Component
- Strategies for Effective Follow-Up