WIOA identifies four types of work experience for youth: summer employment and other employment opportunities available throughout the school year, pre-apprenticeship programs, internships and job shadowing, and on-the-job training.
Check out the resources below for information and ideas on providing successful work experiences for youth.
Introduction to Work Experience under WIOA
- Our Journey Together: Work Experience Activities Brief
- Wage and Hour Division (WHD) Youth Employment Compliance Assistance Toolkit
- Webcast: Summer Employment Webcast Mini-Series March 2018
- WIOA “Enough is Known for Action” Webinar on Work Experience
- Enough Is Known for Action Webinar Series: Career Pathways for Youth
Pre-Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship
- Youth Apprenticeship from the Office of Apprenticeship
- ApprenticeshipUSA Toolkit for the Public Workforce System: Advancing Apprenticeship as Workforce Strategy
Youth Employment and Soft Skills