Youth Don’t Need to Be Fixed: Strategic Framing for Messaging on Positive Youth Development
2:00 PM ~ 3:00 PM ET
The Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs will host a webinar on the ways that commonly-held beliefs about youth interfere with communicating about positive youth development.
Presenters from the American Institutes for Research will share (1) communication challenges and successes from PYD experts; (2) results of a social media landscape analysis showing current framing of PYD issues from youth-serving organizations; and (3) ways to restructure and reframe our conversations about and with youth based on some of the cultural patterns of thinking about youth that often derail the conversation.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand evidence-based strategic framing and why it’s critical for communicating/messaging about complex issues,
- Describe barriers to successful communication and mobilization around positive youth development, and
- Formulate reframed messages to communicate more effectively about positive youth development.
Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs
You Might Also Like
- Our Journey Together: Financial Literacy Curriculum, Service...
- Three Things You Didn’t Know About Adolescence
- Engaging Youth Resources from Out-of-School Youth Cohort Cha...
- Resources Available to Help Communities Understand Benchmark...
- These Federal Homelessness Assistance Programs Can Help Comm...